Friday, July 5, 2013

Something I can do

So I got a call today from a lady at church- she wants me to be the social media director for- get this- a 5K benefitting Naomi's Village. Are you kidding me? That is basically amazing. Although I haven't run hardcore for awhile, I've been down with the occasional 5k every now and then. I've probably run enough 5k's to know how to promote it and get people to sign up. PLUS it's a great way for me to spend my free time doing something that matters. Sweet!

I also found out today that Naomi's Village hired another teacher! This is great news! I can't wait to see the other ways God will fund the endeavors that Naomi's Village desires to implement. It's like day by day, my questions and fears and worries are being answered directly by God. 

There is a verse that has popped up 4 times by 4 different means in the last 2 weeks for me: 

"The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him."
Nahum 1:7

I love this verse! Despite true suffering or my perceived suffering, he is still good and he knows me well. It is safe for me to take refuge in him, and him alone. Any other object I try to take refuge in will fail, but he won't. 

Believe me, there are areas of my life where I don't always believe that he is for my good. I sometimes think he does fail me. It's always a patience thing. Just because I'm 30 and single doesn't mean I'll always be single. Or it might mean exactly that (I am not saying that flippantly at all. I have asked God many times to take the desire for being married away if its not what he's planned for me- and he hasn't yet). I don't know. But the not knowing doesn't prove that he has failed me or he is not for my good.

With the whole Africa/Kenya/ Cornerstone/Orphans whirlwind wafting within my mind, I have taken refuge in him. All along this path, he has been enough. He has been for my good. He has been my refuge. Furthermore, he has answered some of my prayers- the very concerns I've been sharing on these pages.

It's clear to me that if he is enough in this situation, he is enough in the other sensitive areas of my life and heart. I still wish he would hurry up and move. Alas, patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment